Monday, August 16, 2010

Recent Projects


I've been doing a flurry of crafts recently... the things that I know I won't get to for ages and ages after the baby comes. I finished up my project for work before I left for Spain so I'm basically footloose and fancy free with respect to employment now and am enjoying the extra time.

Above are a few pillow covers I made (the chicken one I had on hand) for the baby's room... I made matching curtains with the fabric on the right. Below are picture frames I made out of one of our old windows that we recently replaced. We're going to hang them on the stairs (when I say "we" I mean Austin, because I don't trust myself to hang heavy items in plaster walls).

Further below is a tote bag I made on the spur of the moment after re-discovering some fabric I had that I really liked, and a tag quilt for the baby for Christmas (they were just giving the ribbon away at Michaels, and again, I had the fabric on hand... have I mentioned I stockpile fabric?).