Monday, January 31, 2011

Wheels on the Bus

Many of Tucker's interests have evolved over the past couple of years, but the one interest that has endured totally intact is the Wheels on the Bus song. Tucker continues to be absolutely obsessed. It's the only CD he listens to when it's his turn to pick the music in the car (we do have other choices). He also has learned how to work a little portable CD player I keep out for him at home, and plays the CD constantly. It has become the background music of our lives. I actually am not adverse to it--see how I've become numb!--as long as it's on low volume. Unfortunately, Tucker is in a phase of wanting to turn up the volume on it, which quickly gets under my skin. I'm okay with the Wheels on the Bus subliminally, but not the Wheels on the Bus meets a megaphone.

What is going through his head when he hears this CD? Is it the aural equivalent of his duck lovey? Or possibly the early stages of childhood addiction? Or maybe just really bad taste?

Little boy, one day you might get married and if there is a mother-son dance I will have them play this song for us--what else could possibly express this time we're spending together?