Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sleeping in a bucket


Tucker has taken to napping again sometimes if I tire him sufficiently out at the pool. Of course, the boy does not nap conventionally. He burrows under sheets and blankets and falls asleep in "caves" or, even better, falls asleep with his head in a bucket. Hmmmmm....

He also enthusiastically wears one of my shirts to bed sometimes. Since the shirt "fits" him, he is convinced that he and I are the same size. The pic below is him making dried bananas with me first thing in the morning. Whenever I ask what he dreamt about, he always says "I dreamed about making ____ [insert whatever fun food he wants to eat]."


Here's Tucker with his first face painting. A yellow shark on one cheek and a green fish on the other. Whenever we go to a place where there's face painting the line is sooooooo long. I decided to buy face paints so we could do it at home and dissolve the mystery behind the activity and hopefully skip some long lines in the future. We'll see how it works.

And here are my kiddos at the dentist today. Tucker was not interested in sitting in the chair this time, but I told him he could hold Molly if he sat right in it. So yes, he got his teeth cleaned with his baby sister in his lap. She was enthusiastic about everything and seemed very intent on discovering what this teeth thing is all about (I keep thinking she's about to get teeth b/c she gnaws on everything, all the time, but so far nothing but cute little baby gums).

Some other highlights recently include:
*Tucker giving Molly his ducky or Willis and going without one of them himself so that she can have a "special sleep." Wow. That is love.
*A new obsession with blow drying hair. Apparently his preschool teacher Ms. Betty blow dries her hair. It is a great treat for him these days, though he was a bit confused at first about whether a blow dryer was or was not a hair clipper for actually cutting hair.
*Speaking of confusion, I am continually entertained by Tucker's use of hot/cold. He says things like "I am SO hot, let's snuggle under the blanket." or "I am SO cold, let's turn on the fan." Of course, most of the time he is neither hot nor cold and just wants to make a "snuggle-sleep-party-cave" or play with a fan. He also continually misuses the concept of "later." Whenever I say later he immediately launches into a "Will we never do that again???" in quite the sob story voice. I must hear that question 20 times a day, even about things he doesn't particularly like to do.