Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sweet Pea


I like to call Tucker "sweet pea." I'm not sure where that came from, but it has become my little nickname for him. The only problem is that when I start using a pet name like that, I tend to use it ubiquitously. What's the problem here, you ask? Well, I start calling Tucker "sweet pea"... and then suddenly I'm calling Ben the dog "sweet pea"... and then Austin "sweet pea." Which is where the thing ends, of course, because Austin refuses to be called the same name as Tucker AND Ben. This isn't the first time this has happened. I call Ben "buddy"... and then Tucker "buddy"... and then Austin "buddy"... you get the idea.

There was even one time a couple months ago when Austin made some smart remark and I cried in outrage all three names before I got the right one: "Ben! Tucker! Austin!"

Even I admit this is not good. I'm trying, really trying, to keep each name specific to ONE person (or canine). I'm sure this will work well, if I could only find those brain cells before I open my mouth.