Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'll spare you the picture...

...but Tucker really likes to be naked. In fact, his skills at getting his pants off and on are really increasing. So now at night, rather than just finding his diaper a few inches down, we typically find it around his toes along with his pajama bottoms. There have been several nights recently that I've had to climb onto his bed (around the bed rail), turn him over, put on a new diaper, get the old diaper off, and pull up his pants, all without him stirring an inch. Crazy.

Tucker is also very interested in being private about his bathroom functions. He closes the door and then there is usually a furious succession of activity before he emerges. I think he tries to pee, then empty the potty chair and wash it out with water and dump it back in the big toilet and flush it all in about 5 seconds, with his pants still around his ankles. I'm not sure how clean anything gets, but at least I have a reasonable assurance he is actually peeing.

This afternoon I asked Tucker if he wanted to take his sweater off as we were playing outside. He said that he was hot so I took the sweater off. Then he decided he wanted to take his shirt off too, and next thing I know I had a bare chested boy running around. I went around the corner to fill up the watering can, and by the time I was back, he was completely naked, standing there right next to our driveway. He was disappointed to learn that he had to put his pants back on, and ran around saying "I'm naked! I'm naked!"