Monday, July 26, 2010

Tucker-isms

I think my favorite Tucker quote from our trip was when he said, very seriously at the aquarium "I think one day I'm going to be a fish." It was like he was deciding that he would be a firefighter when he grew up... only instead, his chosen profession was being a fish.

The other most touching Tucker-ism from our trip was when he repeatedly asked to see Jesus in every cathedral we went into. The first time we went to one, Austin and I took turns going inside so that Tucker wouldn't disturb people. Tucker got really worked up and it turned out that he really really wanted to go in, too. He liked to sit and stare at Jesus on the cross once he found Him in each cathedral and several times didn't want to leave even when we were done looking around.

Tucker was not especially quiet on our trip, but Tucker is so delighted to be home that he has entered a state where he seems to be incapable of not talking. The first day we were home, he asked to do everything we do at home, all at once. He asked to feed the chickens and go to the garden before breakfast on Monday morning. But his most amusing request was when he asked to watch the weather at 11 am (note, watching the weather is a favorite Austin activity, not one that Tucker's ever really gotten into that I've noticed).

He also is on this streak where he likes to specify who he's talking to at the end of each sentence. So instead of saying "This is a popsicle" to us at dinner, he'll say "This is a popsicle, Mommy" and then he'll immediately turn to Austin and say "This is a popsicle, Daddy" and then he'll turn to Ben and say "This is a popsicle, Benny." Tonight at dinner he was narrating his observations to me and I counted him saying my name 7 times in one minute. If you multiply that by the number of minutes I'm around him in a day... let's just say I hear my name A LOT.