Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ikea Trip

We went to Ikea to pick up a bookshelf/room divider for our dining room.  This excursion has been on our radar screen since October so it was no surprise.  We went into the store at 10 am, I told Austin it’d take about an hour.  We left the store at 11:05 am with the bookshelf we wanted and a few other great deals on things I’d been looking for off and on.  The kids had a great time playing in the kids area, and enjoyed hot dogs on the way out.  Successful trip, right?

Austin’s narrative:

How could our trip have possibly been any harder?  It is a good store but Jackie just needs to go there healthy, by herself, for a whole day.  We were going there for ONE thing until Jackie started looking around, leaving me with the kids without a cell phone so it was unclear if we would be able to find each other. We got the wrong cart and had to switch.  Then I pushed a fully loaded flat bed cart with stuff that didn’t fit and had to be precariously balanced, with a baby on my shoulders.  I had to leave the store in the middle of the trip with the kids to deal with an urgent bathroom situation.  Molly ate a price tag and then ate my hot dog. And Ikea doesn’t even give you bags!  To top it all off the bookshelf didn’t fit in the car and necessitated an hour of rearranging at 7 am before we could drive home.

So, who do you believe???