Tuesday, April 14, 2009

He understands more than I think he does...

On Easter morning before church, we were talking a bit about the resurrection. I turned to Tucker and said, "Who are we talking about?"

He immediately answered (clearly): "God."

I had to get confirmation from Helen that I had correctly heard and wasn't just making it up. Tucker has never said the word "God" before, much less in a context that suggests he is picking up on what we're talking about. I was blown away.

On a related subject, you really have to check out my friend Kristan's entry about her twin 20 month old girls and what they say about God. It totally blew me away, especially the part where when her girls cry they say "Jesus" because they know he's going to wipe away every tear.

http://piercebestbabies.blogspot.com/2009/04/gospel-according-to-20-month-old.html