Saturday, December 12, 2009

Is it really the middle of December??

Whenever I go a week between blog entries, I tend to get a phone call from my mom wondering if we are all right. Yes, we are great but time seems to be in fast forward.

I have been busy finishing up a project for work. Usually I work a handful of hours a week, about two naptimes or evenings worth of work. But this project that I thought would be done by the end of the summer totally expanded, and by November was just embarrassing to me because it was still unfinished. Especially because I had my organization's GIS hard drive at my house, I simply had to finish and return it. So I have been furiously working for the past six weeks or so, putting in about triple the amount of hours as usual, and am ecstatic to announce that it is finally DONE.

It really feels like finishing exams for school: now Christmas can come!

To celebrate, I am fighting a little cold and Tucker has a 101 fever. We did get our Christmas tree today, though. It was a long drive to the place, and was a funny Christmas-tree cutting operation, because ALL the trees looked so good, it took us about 2 minutes to pick a tree. For two hours of driving we were only at the place for about 20 minutes since Tucker had no interest in running around.

It is a handsome tree and when we tackle putting it up will be worth a few pics. I wonder what Tucker will think of all the ornaments. So far he seems to have no grasp on what happens at Christmas, who is Santa, etc. I think I will take him to the mall to see Santa this week, though I am pretty sure that outing will involve us watching the other kids talk to Santa (waaay too scary to talk to Santa himself!)

I have an impressive list of things I want to do for Christmas that has accumulated during this work craziness. So far, not much of it seems to be happening today, but at least there is a football game on!