Monday, December 14, 2009

Wake Ducky


Tucker's beloved duck and pacifier live in his crib. Tucker carefully arranges them on his pillow after his nap, and tucks them into his blankets. It (mostly) doesn't occur to him to try to take them with him when he's not sleeping.

But he loves them a lot, and I realized in the past month that they are powerful incentive to go to bed. I've started asking him if he wants to wake Ducky up when I think it's naptime or bedtime. He LOVES this. He usually says yes and practically runs upstairs. If he needs a little more motivation, I'll pretend to be Ducky calling Tucker's name down the stairs.

The past week or so this has gone to an entirely new level: he has started coming up to ME at bedtime and naptime and asking to go wake ducky up. What two year-old asks to go to bed? Mine! I guess he is related to us--we tend to take our sleeping pretty seriously too. :)