Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"What's that uh-uh mean?"

This is Tucker's favorite phrase right now: "What's that uh-uh mean?" That's how he asks what something is called and what's it for. It's really cute, though hopefully he isn't picking up verbal fillers ("um") from me yet.

Today at the grocery store his ducky needed to come, and actually spent the last 20 minutes of shopping on Tucker's head. Tucker almost always eats a banana in the store, and the fact that a large duck was draped over his head didn't dissuade him from munching a banana at the same time. A couple people stopped and said it was a perfect picture. (Incidentally, to pay for a banana that a child has eaten, just ask them to ring up another banana twice.)

In other news, I managed to either seamlessly get another cold on top of the one from 2+ weeks ago that is still lingering, or the old one has turned into bronchitis. That puts my tally at 6 or 7 colds since the fall. Argh! At least it's clear now that our wood stove is absolved from being responsible for me getting sick.

Austin complains that my blogging frequency has gone down this year, but life is pretty quiet these days. Tucker is entirely amusing, when he's not trying to pick fights with us (which is not too often, but he is a two year-old). Yesterday he ran and got a snow shovel from the shed and ran all the way down the driveway with the shovel yelling "help Daddy!" because he was hoping Austin might need to fix the driveway drainage with him again. Or maybe he was just reenacting the fact that they had fixed the driveway together.

Tucker is against all things baby right now. At Bible study last week, Tucker was in my classroom before it began. Several of the four and five year-olds were already there, and so I excused myself and said I needed to bring Tucker to his class. One of the four year-old boys said "Yeah, he's in the baby class." That was the perfectly wrong thing to say. Tucker was so upset about going to his class because it was for babies. I had to show him the nursery where the babies were and show him his classroom to "prove" to him his was NOT the baby class. He still did not entirely believe me.