Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday night dinner

Austin and I have settled into a fabulous routine for Sunday night dinner: we each pick our favorite throw-together meal that the other person hates.

Austin has salmon cakes made from that ridiculously gross canned salmon (you know, the kind that has the bones in it that are supposedly edible).

I have macaroni and cheese, though not the real stuff. Mine is a modified kind that involves mostly cottage cheese and egg and is highlighted by a little cheddar and parmesan. It also takes about five minutes to make, not counting the time to boil the pasta.

The smell of either of our dinners is enough to make the other person have to hold their nose just walking into the kitchen. It is quite a trial being married to someone who won't eat cheese or anything creamy, and I'm afraid Austin thinks the same thing about me and fish.

The only problem with our dinners is that Tucker can't eat either meal. (No fish until age three, and a milk/egg allergy). I'm hoping that he'll be declared milk/egg allergy free soon and will turn into my little mac and cheese buddy.