Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Boxing


I just want to say that it's fun to hit things. I discovered this recently during a boxing class. The class is actually half cycling and half boxing, and I had been only doing the first part of the class, and then doing my own thing because I just couldn't see myself boxing.

It turns out that boxing is really fun. It's really fun to hit things, once I get over the fact that I'm terrible at it and look pretty ridiculous. But those things are surprisingly easy to get over, given an opportunity to hit things.

As a parent, I get to practice patience and restraint all day. There is something very satisfying about dropping Tucker off at the gym nursery and getting to go practice upper cuts and hooks and crosses and jobs. I do think I scare Austin with my new boxing lingo sometimes, but I'm sure he'll get over it. :)