Sunday, February 28, 2010

My first race in ages


It was only a 5k, but if felt a lot longer than a 5k. Really. There is nothing like running a race outside after having "trained" on a treadmill to convince a person how much better shape they could be in. You see, there's a little thing called topography outside that treadmills (fortunately) lack.

The last race I did was before I moved to Virginia, a 15k. I remember it being surprisingly a lot easier than I thought it would be (and I went at a faster pace than I did this time, too!). This was exactly the opposite. But, kudos to my friend Lena for getting me off the couch so early on a Saturday morning and at least contemplating getting into that kind of shape again... maybe... eventually.... :)

Addendum: It turns out we got 4th place in the female-female team category, out of 12. Surprisingly good, but out of medal contention. :)