Monday, June 28, 2010

"My kisses and hugs flew away!"

-Tucker, at bedtime

A few months ago Tucker's hugs and kisses kept getting lost, necessitating more kisses and hugs being administered. We no longer have that problem, but despite my best efforts, Tucker's kisses and hugs keep flying away at bedtime. I painstakingly apply our best imaginary tape and glue all over Tucker and give him his hugs and kisses, but somehow when I leave the room, they tend to fly away (and he tends to scream about it).

Incidentally, Tucker seems to be in a tantrum phase these days and has a tendency to throw a fit over some pretty silly things (like kisses and hugs that fly away). On Sunday as we got ready for church, he had a tantrum over letting Austin brush his teeth. At the pool last week he had a tantrum because he wanted to snuggle with his towel rather than get dressed. The other night at 4:30 in the morning he had a screaming fit because he couldn't find the cars he wanted in bed (Austin had apparently moved them so that he would have room to read Tucker a bedtime story). The list could go on from there. I'm not sure I like this phase.