Monday, January 5, 2009

Cincinnati Chili x 10


Austin had a crisis at lunchtime today: there was no Cincinnati Chili left in our refrigerator. He had eaten the chili for 10 meals straight (not including breakfast) since New Year's Day, when we made a huge pot of it for our party. It was the first time we hosted a real party, and we were unsure about quantities, and erred on the side of caution. We had A LOT of chili left over.

I suggested early on that we might freeze some of it, but I have a cold and haven't felt much like cooking, and Austin said he would just eat it till he got tired of it.

So he ate it...

And ate it...

... and ate it some more.

I think I had three servings of it in total, which in my book is a superior effort. But 10 meals of chili? In a row???? Wow. What else is there to say?