Friday, January 2, 2009

Guilty as Charged

I caught him! I caught him! This morning Ben had the gumption to go up to the Christmas tree and snack on the popcorn while I was on the couch. He carefully went to one side of the tree and was eating the popcorn strand starting at the back of the tree. His nefarious plot missed one detail: I was watching him, about 3 feet away. Silly dog.

I think of Ben as a canine catfish, a bottom-feeder that just runs around with its mouth open, indiscriminately eating anything that happens to cross its path. Yesterday, we had a New Year's Day party, and he was in his element with all the people and food. He only tried to jump on the kid's table once, and that was for a leftover hotdog (after the kids had vacated, thankfully). Honestly, who could blame him? Right.