Friday, January 9, 2009

Hi, Liz!

In case you haven't noticed, I added a links section, so that I can link to my sister-in-law's blog, Motoring Forth, about her forays as a newlywed in the Motor City. Anyway, you really should check out her latest post (well, actually all her posts...), about competition, specifically, blogging competition.

motoringforth.blogspot.com

Of course, Austin has a divide and conquer strategy, sort of like his boss, Ned. So as soon as he heard that we were both doing blogs, he immediately tried to play us off of each other. ("But Liz posted, don't you think you should?") Not in a nefarious way, but like a little boy prodding two puppies to see if they can amuse him by wrestling a little bit.

Anyway, unfortunately, on Midway Farm Blog, I don't take Austin's bait, I expose his nefarious plots. (Hi sweetie, so glad you're reading this! Love you!)

Plus, it's funny, while Liz is finding that her competitiveness is blossoming in adulthood after a very quiet childhood, I am finding quite the reverse. Competition was just about my middle name growing up and its allure has faded over time. It's kind of a relief knowing no one's really keeping score and we all can just relax and live.

Incidentally, God is probably laughing at my new attitude and is going to bless me with really competitive kids who will torture me with their constant competition like Mike and I tortured my poor mother...

So, Liz, merry posting... and let the games begin (just kidding!!!!!).