Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Walking the leash

Tucker sees me holding Ben's leash on our walks, and he wants to. Of course, Tucker is no match for an 80 lb yellow lab, so I usually let him hold onto part of it while retaining ultimate control. This often leads to a tantrum because Tucker wants to do it by himself. He is definitely reaching the "I want what I want, when I want it!" (to quote Fr. Glenn) stage, even though he can't use those words yet.

Anyway, he has started "walking" other things all by himself. He gets Ben's leash out of the cubbies near the kitchen door and walks around the downstairs (or the yard) walking the empty leash. Today, he chased after Henny and PaPa's car after they left, walking with Daddy's tape measure (he held the end where the tape measure comes out while the big metal part followed on the ground about six feet behind him). I should've gotten a picture, it was pretty ridiculous.

But I didn't. I tried to upload a video I got of Tucker boxing a balloon, but alas, our satellite internet balked at 15 MB. T minus two weeks till DSL!