Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Making soy yogurt

Helen and David gave us a yogurt maker for Christmas. I'm slowly getting the knack of making good, thick, Greek-style cow's milk yogurt in no time flat, but soy yogurt for Tucker is another story.

I've tried gelatin, I've tried pectin. I've tried thickening up the soy milk with additional soy powder (not soy protein powder... kind of like soy flour)... and that's just the beginning.

Basically, the soy yogurt turns out a) gross or b) gross.

I have one more idea, but then I'm abandoning soy yogurt for good. I figure, why do something that a) no one likes and b) that I don't need to do?

I came across some time management tips the other day:
1) Stop doing things no one needs to do
2) Stop doing things that someone else will do if you don't
3) Stop doing things that aren't the kind of thing only you can do

Making bad soy yogurt definitely fits into category 1.