Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Up and Down, Up and Down

Let's talk about some of Tucker's favorites right now...

Tucker's favorite song is the Wheels on the Bus, especially the part where the people on the bus go up and down. When we go for our walks in the afternoon, he sings "up and down, up and down" to me.

Tucker's new favorite clothing accessory is a neck tie. Henny gave him this cute little zip up tie, that I put on him for the first time on Sunday to shock Austin. I expected a lot of resistance from the little man to the whole tie idea, but he actually loved it. I tried to take it off before church so he wouldn't choke himself or get choked in the nursery, but I met with stiff resistance. After his afternoon nap, Tucker found the tie again and put it on to go outside and jump in puddles.

Tucker's favorite word is becoming "no." He does still enjoy saying "yes" as well, but the number of times he says "no" is just starting to explode. Of course, neither answer is super reliable, as I think sometimes he says the word he feels like saying regardless of the meaning. Something new in the past few days is that he's starting to play a bit imaginatively. We've overheard him lately playing with his matchbox cars and telling them "no!" and "yes!" and moving them around.

As for Tucker's favorite activities:
Tucker's favorite afternoon activity is terrorizing me by refusing to take a nap. Today he screamed for half an hour when I put him down the first time (and would've kept going, and going, and going). I let him play till he was tired... finally, at 2:45 I decided that even if he wasn't acting tired, it was time for quiet crib time. So I put him in his crib, with about half the toys in the house, a snack, lights on, windows open. What did he do? Take the best nap of the past 3 weeks. Ridiculous.

Tucker's favorite morning activity is massing armies of trucks and lining them up on me. I swear, he brings me these little fleets of matchbox cars, one by one, at least 3 times a day. He lines them up on whatever body part is available, usually my legs, though if I'm lying down, my belly works well too. If he gets bored of bringing me cars, he switches and brings me shoes.

Tucker's favorite activity all the time is begging to go in his high chair. He runs over to it, and wants to get up. We put him up and get food out. He stays in there for 2 minutes and gets down. Then we repeat, and repeat, and repeat....