Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pa Pa Pa Pa Pa Pa

Tucker is REALLY into his Pa Pa. Helen and David have been in town for an extended stay and have thoroughly spoiled both Tucker and I with the number of days they whisked our little boy off to Beau Pre. After a couple of days of their undivided attention, Tucker started running around asking for Pa Pa at every opportunity. (Incidentally, he also calls pretzels "Pa" so sometimes he may have been asking for pretzels, but mostly it was Pa Pa). Having Pa Pa around was terrific leverage for me as well ("if you put on your shoes we can see go and see Pa Pa..." etc.). We're still working on Tucker saying "Henny," though.

On other name fronts, he occasionally says "Jackie" around me. It sort of sounds like Spanish pronunciation: Ya-kee. He put on my sunglasses this morning and walked around saying "Ya kee, Ya kee." It was funny.

He has also started saying "What's this?" and bringing us things or pointing. I am very impressed whenever he pulls out two word phrases, or two words in a row... not very often yet, but I've heard a few.

He also loves to imitate us, of course. The other day Austin was spitting into our bathroom sink, and Tucker mimicked him and spit three times. It was very amusing, but not necessarily something we really want him to know yet.

Oh, and FYI, it takes more than two days underwater to kill my cell phone. After successfully drying out from being submerged in Tucker's water bucket, I placed a call on it this morning. Crazy.