Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas present from Benny the Wonder Pup



This morning Ben the dog gave us a Christmas present... four to be exact! I thought he was a Dumb Dog, but it turns out he must be a very smart dog to be able to time his gift giving so well.
You may think that socks are a boring Christmas present? Not when Ben gives them. In fact, today he gave us three of Tucker's socks and a bib that have apparently been in his stomach for an undisclosed amount of time. Gee, thanks Ben!!! Good morning to you, too!

Austin and I had opposite reactions to Ben's three piles of "gifts."
Austin: I don't think I'll ever be able to eat breakfast after looking at that.
Me: I'd rather clean up partially digested socks than anything else that would be in a pile from Ben.
Austin: I hope Ben isn't getting any presents for Christmas.

My take on the situation: obviously he's a sick dog, a total addict... to fabric. He developed a taste for baby bibs last winter, and apparently failed to learn his lesson when one got lodged in his small intestine, requiring surgery. Some people think socks get gobbled up in the dryer, but I KNOW where the baby's lost socks go. Usually I find them out in the yard, decomposing. On a side note, it is amazing how long they can stay in his stomach. When he needed surgery, I think the bib was in there about three weeks before it finally got stuck.