Saturday, December 20, 2008

Fotosketcher





I wrote a little book for my son for Christmas (shh! don't tell him!)... it features his lovey which we affectionately call Ducky. I took a bunch of pictures of Ducky having adventures around our house and put together a simple story. Of course, I'm not a good enough photographer that plain pictures of Ducky really look all that good. So... what's a non-artist like me to do? Search the internet, of course.

I found a fabulous program called Fotosketcher (freeware), that converts pictures into art that looks like anything from a pencil sketch to a water color. It is really cool. I was experimenting with some pics of the dog, and created some fun portraits. The effect doesn't come through very well on the internet because the size is so small, but it looks very interesting in person.