Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sick bear



Poor kiddo, Tucker's sick. He actually did a lot better today than yesterday, but his nose was a faucet and his eyes are all red (pink eye?), low fever, diarrhea. It's tough being a little sick man.

When he doesn't feel well, all he wants is me, but it is a very helpless feeling because I know all I can do isn't enough. I can hold him, but I can't make him feel better. Plus, all bets are off with our routine when he's sick. Yesterday was the most miserable and inconsolable I've ever seen him. He felt horrible, but couldn't nap because some work was being done in the bathroom near his room, and he refused to go down in an unfamiliar place. At 2 pm, I finally put in ear plugs and put him in the car and drove around till he fell asleep.

I am praying that he doesn't have pink eye, and that his illness won't be the Christmas present that keeps on giving throughout the extended family. My hands are chapped from how much I have washed them today!!!

He certainly will not be able to be in the church nursery for the Christmas Eve service, at this rate. That will be a challenge. Good thing his Jo Jo and Uncle Mike will be there to play--maybe Austin and I will sit in a different pew entirely. :)