Friday, July 31, 2009

Tucker has ESP

Seriously. Tucker is in this routine of sleeping in a bit, but it is impossible to walk out of our bedroom in the morning without waking him up. We open the door completely silently, and 10 seconds later without fail he is awake. Let me repeat: we make no noise.

I think he has some sort of ESP that fixates on when his parents move in the morning which immediately wakes him up.

In other news, Austin watched a show about blue crabs last night on PBS and is now spending half his daylight hours thinking about how to procure steamed crabs. Apparently he's found a place in Richmond where you can buy them and is contemplating driving all the way there and back for them, as long as they don't go bad in the hour and a half long ride home. Also, he has officially started his Christmas list: a crab knife.

He kept asking me during the show if I wasn't dying for crabs; the show had the opposite effect on me. I much prefer to eat things on land than things in the sea. When I do eat things in the sea, I don't want to have to viscerally interact with it, like tearing it apart. It reminds me of the time in high school when we dissected lobsters, but our teacher was too cheap to BUY lobsters. Instead, he went to the fish market and collected the ones too old to sell, and so we dissected rotting lobsters. I gagged just now, just thinking about it.