Sunday, June 21, 2009

Didn't know this still happened any more...

I've been checking in on my poor, sick car everyday this week, and everyday it was still sick. Jimmy, the mechanic, told me that it'd be done by Friday. I called on Friday night just before closing and it wasn't done. He said that he just needed to get it down off the lift and test it then we could pick it up. He said it'd take a few minutes but he'd call when it was ready.

Of course, dinner came and went, and still no word. Oh well. Right?

Actually, he ended up calling at 9 pm, still at the garage. He said it was ready and that I could just come and pick it up this weekend even though the office was closed and there's no way I could pay till Monday. He wanted me to drive it all weekend to see if the problem had been successfully fixed (this is after all the sixth time it's gone into the shop).

Wow. I mean, I'm sure we have a bill of several hundred dollars to pay on Monday... and he gave us permission just to take the car? That is really neat. I know we live in a small town, but I am really impressed. He has our business for life.

P.S. Also, so far so good, my car has been running reliably since yesterday... keeping my fingers crossed.