Thursday, June 4, 2009

Projects

These are pictures from last week, of the projects I did when Helen and David were watching Tucker. Most of my time went to overhauling our guest bathroom. Instead of ripping out our old, ugly, dilapidated medicine cabinet, vanity and light, I sanded them down and primed and painted them a bright white. I also put a fresh coat of paint on the floor, found some fun knobs to paint, and voila, a new bathroom. (Of course, we also got a new counter for the vanity... if you saw our old one you'd know why!)




I also learned how to refinish old furniture, and fixed up my nightstand and dresser that were marred and crackling after many years of love (we have Austin's grandma's furniture!).



And in the time left over, I weeded and mulched this garden bed, which was just about going feral it was so overgrown. I'm halfway through moving the railroad ties to define the bed more neatly--in the pic, the bottom is done but the top is not. Next on the agenda: what to plant? I'm looking for easy and inexpensive. Any suggestions would be welcome....